1. Why is good 'ol boy Leucadia old school local councilman Dan Dalager still interested in forming an RDA in Leucadia? Doesn't he know that this will result in his friends and neighbors losing their private property? Owning property in America is a sacred thing. Has he become so sycophant in his desire "I want to walk from my house to the beach without tripping and breaking my neck." that he would really be willing to sell out Leucadia into a 50 year RDA process?
2. Is it moral for a dozen or so players to make big money while normal citizens are forced to sell their property?
3. Why did the Leucadia flooding get worse after it was "fixed"?
*answer click here
4. If the only reason Leucadia can be declared blighted is the flooding (or extreme puddling as my friend calls it) is that why the city avoids a quality solution? Are "they" trying to make Leucadia blighted on purpose?
5. Will the new dirt being dumped along the tracks at Phoebe St make the puddling of water worse there when it rains?
6. Why is there an ugly chainlink fence along the tracks in Leucadia all of sudden?
7. Where will the city find the 7 million dollars needed to finish the $20 million UBER-BLING library?
8. Why didn't the city choose an simpler more cost effective library design? It's all about the archive of information, not curvy windows and zig zag decking.
9. Will the city overspend on UBER-BLING Fire Mansions or can they chill out and find a simple clean and efficient design that is part equipment garage and part dormitory?
10. What is the city's pension situation? The crisis in San Diego has a lot of people wondering about their own local governments.
11. Why does the city keep trying to raise taxes and fees? Why are they trying to nickel and dime you?
12. Will the city destroy the ambiance and mood of downtown Encinitas by installing parking meters?
13. Why does the city of San Diego spend a million dollars a mile on storm drains while the city of Encinitas estimates $20 million dollars a mile. Fred Caldwell raised this question at an RDA workshop, did he ever get an answer to this?
14. Should the city of Encinitas have an elected city attorney instead of an appointed one?
15. Should the city go ahead with huge bond debt? Will they get sued by Howard Jarvis again if they do?
16. Does the Hall park really have to cost $19 million? Could we go with a nice simple open park for the kids to run around on? Could baseball diamonds be built with charity fundraisers?
17. Could the big developers be encouraged to ease their way into the old neighborhoods instead of ramming their way in and then building anti-social walls around their subdivisions?
18. Is city manager Kerry Miller's only purpose in life to form RDA's?
19. Will the city actually collect TOT funds from the new condo/hotel? Has Christy Guerin opened a Pandora's Box of condo/hotels? Is this good or bad for Encinitas?
20. Did all those people on Leucadia Blvd really have to lose their homes so we could get to the Ecke golf course and Target shopping center in style?
21. What can we do to encourage the development of classy mixed use buildings in the vacant lots of coastal Leucadia?
Bonus question: Who is in charge of this crazy train?
Add your burning questions in the comments section.