Saturday, November 18, 2006
Today is National Buy Local Day
Today is National Buy Local Day. Be sure to get out and enjoy this nice weather and support some of our cool little local mom&pop business. I plan on stopping in Ducky Waddles and Lou's Records myself.
Why Buy Local?
• Local businesses produce more income, jobs, and tax receipts for local communities than big box stores do.
• Local businesses are more likely to utilize local ads, banks and other services.
• Local businesses donate more money to nonprofits and are more accountable to their local communities.
• Supporting local businesses preserves the economic diversity of our communities and the unique character of our neighborhoods.
• Supporting local businesses is good for the environment, because it cuts down on fuel consumption. Buying locally produced goods reduces the need to ship goods from thousands of miles away and also cuts down on the distances shoppers travel.
* And don’t forget to also buy Fair Trade, organic and green!
ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH, LET’S BUY LOCAL!
Surfers, be sure to support your local shapers. Avoid outsourced "pop-outs" from Thailand and China. Thank you.