I thought it would increase civic involvement to share the rules of the increasingly popular City Council Drinking Game.
Encinitas City Council meetings air live Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m.
Cox Cable - Channel 19 at 6:00 PM live on the Wednesday evening of the council meeting.
Time-Warner Cable - Channel 24 at 6:00 PM live on the Wednesday evening of the council meeting.
You can watch the meetings live via the city website: www.ci.encinitas.ca.us/video/video.html
Find your liquor or beer of choice and take a shot/chug it down whenever the following things occur:
- Whenever Stocks has to remind Bond what is going on.
- Whenever Houlihan repeats herself.
- Anytime Stocks checks his blackberry.
- Anytime staff says, "Because that is the way we have always done it."
- Whenever Dalager fondly reminisces about something he plans to destroy.
- Whenever Houlihan makes a motion before anyone else speaks.
- Whenever Stocks says to a citizen or councilmember, "You have a right to an opinion."
- Anytime Stocks looks like he is holding back a nasty remark.
- Each time Dalager says "its for the kiddos."
- Anytime Lynn gets a time donation.
- Whenever Barth smiles the "what planet is this" smile.
- Anytime the camera catches Dalager looking out into space.
- Anytime a counselor can't operate their mike.
- Anytime the city attorney actually says something.
- Anytime Dalager reminisces and then doesn't talk about the issue at hand.
- Anytime Barth makes a motion and nobody seconds it.
- Anytime Stocks says something phony.